Board of Directors
A volunteer Board of Directors governs the CJA. We value diversity in background, skills, and experience, and we believe it is important to have a Board that reflects the diversity of our school. All of the board members are parents or former parents of CJA students; there are also two external Directors. We feel strongly in the involvement of the broader community in our school governance, which speaks to the ties that we strive to create and maintain, and to our commitment to incorporating the values of the Calgary Jewish community within our walls.
Thank you very much to our dedicated Board.
Board members are elected by the voting member of any currently enrolled child. In order to be a member of the Board of Directors you must:
- be an Alberta resident
- be at least 18 years of age
- have a child attending the CJA or be an Associate Member
CJA employees and immediate family members of a CJA employee are not eligible to be on the Board.
2017 - 2018 Board Members
Please find below a list of our 2017 - 2018 Board members and their positions:
(In alphabetical order by Surname)
- Yonathan Dattner - Director
- Stan Eisenberg – Past Chair
- Bryant Frydberg - Board Secretary
- Dr. Earl Raber - Vice Chair, Finance
- Alan Samchek - Vice Chair, Policy
- Randy Shapiro – Chair
- Boaz Shilmover - Director
- Andrea Silverstone - Director
- Shannon Smith-Albert - External Director/Subsidy Chair
- Sharla Stoffman - Director
- Jeremy Thal - Treasurer
Would you like to be a part of our Board?
- We will be accepting applications for the next term.
- Download the application form here.
- Board members: login here to access CJA Board documents (you can request access to these files by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org